Pandora Jewelry - Review about Bracelet from Oak Ridge, Florida

I've had my bracelet for 2 years!And it's tarnished!

Because I'm outside the one year warranty and pandora doesn't cover tarnishing I cannot have my bracelet fixed. First of all, how are they not able to cover tarnishing but yet their product tarnishes and is considered normal wear and tear. How is that normal?! I spent so much money for ***!

They're saying I can fix it but I have to pay for it! But you can not use any at home cleaning products with it.

They're just trying to make more money by suckering people into their cheap product.I've used silver all my life and this is the first problem I encounter.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Review category
Luxury / Jewelry
review #499309 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Pandora Jewelry? Submit review ›
Helpful? 6 Yes 6 3 No 3
Had the same issue 11 Yes 11
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 05 #1168966

Tarnished is not a "fix it" type of problem. Clean it yourself for a couple of dollars. Don't make a problem where there isn't any.

Jan 29, 2015 #938396

I work in a Pandora store, and you absolutely can take it to your local Pandora dealer and they will clean the bracelet. We use a tumbler with burnishing compound and stainless steel shot to polish and clean the bracelet and charms, followed by a good hand polishing with polishing cloth. If you don't wear the bracelet often, it will tarnish. Also, as stated by others here, exposure to chemicals etc will cause discoloration on the silver. This is also fixable, it just takes some elbow grease and time. This is not considered a manufacturer defect, which is why it is not covered under warranty. Store the bracelet in an "anti-tarnish" jewelry box, and separately from non precious jewelry. Keeping silver in a box with costume (plated) jewelry can cause discoloration as well. Keep calm and visit your local Pandora dealer....

4 1 Reply

Dec 20, 2014 #918512 Brisbane, Queensland

Seriously, what is wrong with you? It's just dirty. Tarnishing happens with anything sterling silver. You probably didn't take care of it properly and wore it in water or sprayed it with perfume or something ***. Just clean it instead of complaining and blaming everyone but yourself.

4 1 Reply

Jul 29, 2014 #847607

Why don't you just buy a $5 polishing cloth and clean it? Silver does tarnish but it doesn't mean that it's ruined. Also, most Pandora stores offer free cleanings.

Jul 16, 2014 #841406

Silver shouldn't tarnish. Silver filled products do. I heated a bowl of water out aluminum foil in it with baking soda and it cleaned my bracelet. It looks brand new. I have a lot of silver jewelry that I never *** and it has never tarnished! Why would something expensive tarnish so easily?

2 4 Reply

Jul 20, 2014 #843423

Uhh... silver DEFINITELY tarnishes. The only way silver won't tarnish is if it's plated with something. The store will clean it for free.

Jul 16, 2014 #841375 Brisbane, Queensland

Are you daft? It just needs to be cleaned... Just don't use a liquid polish, there are many ways you can clean them at home...

Jul 16, 2014 #841431 Davenport, Iowa

Pandora discourages you from cleaning them. You have to take the bracelets into the store and pay them to spray them with anti tarnish

0 4 Reply

Jul 29, 2014 #847609

Spray them with anti tarnish? Um no.. and the only reason they discourage you from cleaning them is because most people will try to use silver polish which will ruin the oxidization on the charms.

May 28 #1165936

Pandora doesn't even charge for cleaning! & REAL silver tarnishes. & can it can be cleaned off! She must have bought silver with nickel or plated. Most jewelry stores don't sell pure quality silver like Pandora.

Jul 10, 2014 #838585

Hi! I have had a pandora bracelet for over 4 years and tarnishing only becomes a problem if you wear it water like showers or oceans repetitively because it damages the silver. Also lotions and the oils of your skin tarnish silver. The store is right about the home cleaning products, if you look on the pandora website or a booklet it says to only clean with a silver polishing cloth, or take it into a store, I'm sure they will clean it for you! I use to go to the store all the time just to get mine cleaned. It can be fixed I'm sure! I'm very protective of my bracelet and have seen my friends do the same to theirs. Tarnish is normal as long as you keep it clean

6 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.