Pandora Jewelry - Did not explain refund policy clearly to 16 year old

My 16 year old daughter decided to splurge her hard-earned savings on Pandora earrings for me for Christmas.She made sure to get a gift exchange receipt as she knew that my tastes might alter from hers slightly and I might want to change the charm.

I personally haven't bought into these over-priced charms and felt she had spent way too much for gold old mom. So I decided to return the whole thing and get her charms for her bracelet, and then take the difference in cash and get something else for me as her Christmas gift to me. The Pandora salesperson said there are no refund on the hoop part of the ear ring - it's a Health Canada policy. This is not stated anywhere on their gift receipt.

And it was not explained to my daughter at the time of purchase. They have a right to explain these things, especially to a novice buyer like my daughter. But they didn't care, didn't want to take responsibility for their sales clerk missing the boat on this and refused to refund the full amount.

Buyers out there beware and think first before buying ear rings from anybody for a gift, but least of all Pandora.They are not being accountable and have no shame in pilfering money from a 16 year old teen just wanting to do something nice for her mother.

More Review Details

Luxury / Jewelry
Review rating
5 out of 5
review #472653

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Pandora Jewelry? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 20, 2014 #918507

In what universe are pierced earrings EVER returnable?! You obviously have no common sense. How would you feel if you bought a pair of earrings someone else had returned and you contracted hepatitis? You should have just been grateful for the gift.

0 1 Reply

May 16, 2014 #815965

I would think a 16 year old has enough sense to purchase a gift that she would like her mother to have. Just say thank you and wear them, rather than blame your "tastes" and your "feeling" that she overspent on Pandora. I would be offended (even at 16) if I purchased a gift for someone who then returned it, got items for me, and then got something "cheap" for themselves. Be a grateful "receiver", that will make your daughter feel good about "giving".

1 0 Reply

Jan 24, 2014 #777611

Pierced earrings are not refundable. Never. Ever. From anyone, not just Pandora. Change the charm and try being grateful.

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.